Forwarding emails is a simple way to keep multiple parties informed of important conversations, but in the past you could only forward one message at a time in Gmail. But Google has recently taken a step to solve the problem. The search giant has announced a new Gmail feature that will do everything
Emailing emails as email attachments may sound confusing (or even unnecessary), but it is incredibly easy to do:
- Log in to Gmail on the desktop and start a new message.
- Click and drag the emails that you want to attach from your inbox list to the email design window, as in the animated GIF from Google above. Alternatively you can click to highlight a message in your inbox, then click on the icon with three stacked dots at the top of the inbox and select “Send as an attachment.”
- All messages in a thread are converted to .eml files and cut to your draft as attachments. If you browse to the bottom of the draft, they will all be displayed as separate files and you can rename and delete them like any other Gmail attachment. You can import these files into almost any email client; the recipient does not need to use Gmail to read them.
Here is an alternative method that you could try.
- Open the e-mail that you want to send as an attachment.
- Click on the small printer icon above the Answer button.
- In the Print pop-up window Change below Destination and choose Save in Drive of the Google Cloud Print section.
- Press Save – this will save your e-mail as a PDF under My Disk. You can repeat these steps to store as many emails as needed.
- Now open a new Compose window and select the Insert files with Drive icon by moving the mouse over the Paper clip and click on the small one Ride icon.
- Select My motivation in the left menu and look for a new PDF – this should be the first in the list.
- Your e-mail appears as a link in the body of your e-mail and is automatically shared with the recipient (you can change these rights in a pop-up window before you send the e-mail).
READ ALSO: What is the difference between Hotmail and G-mail
If you want to add an e-mail in a reply e-mail, click on the small “Pop-out reply” box in the upper right corner in the reply section. A new box will then be opened where you can drag and drop put down emails as you did in the above method. It is worth adding that this feature is limited to the desktop version only.
Hot Tip – use your to send your e-mail as a real attachment Save as PDF option from the Print pop-up window to save the e-mail as a PDF to your hard drive and then add it as normal.